MTS Girls Varsity Basketball
at Saint Martins
Wednesday February 1, MTS Commission Meeting
Congratulations Richelle on your UI acceptance!
Congratulations Richelle on your UNM acceptance!
Congratulations Richelle on your HPU acceptance!
MIT Youth and Teen Center are closed Today, January 30 and Tomorrow, January 31, please plan accordingly. MTS buses will not stop at those locations.
Athletics week of Jan 30-Feb 3
Learning Together Day Today -
No Stations will be in person.
We understand that there are concerns regarding students and staff members that we are hearing are testing positive for COVID-19 in programs in the Muckleshoot Department of Education.
We want you to know that the health, safety and security of all students and staff members in the Muckleshoot Department of Education is our number one priority.
When the MIT Department of Education first heard about these increasing numbers, we worked with our MIT Health Division and our Muckleshoot Tribal Leadership to immediately impose a mask mandate for all of our two-year old through grade 12 students and staff in our Muckleshoot Department of Education. This mask mandate was implemented this morning, Wednesday, January 25, 2023. When we have experienced increased COVID-19 cases over the course of the past three years that we have been dealing with cases of COVID-19, we have required students and staff members to wear masks for a two week period with very successful results in lowering the number of COVID-19 cases.
The Muckleshoot Department of Education has continued to diligently follow the following protocols since March 2020 when the COVID-19 Pandemic began:
· A report of a specific situation related to a COVID-19 exposure is reported to the MIT Department of Education.
· The MIT Department of Education COVID-19 focal point (Dr. Cathy Calvert) contacts the MIT Health Division to discuss the specific details of this COVID-19 exposure.
· The MIT Health Division uses the current Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, policies and procedures as the basis for making their decision and recommendation on how this particular COVID-19 exposure should be dealt with.
· Because every situation is unique, the CDC does not always have guidelines, policies and procedures to address every situation, therefore, the MIT Health Division will provide their best professional judgement/assessment of each case/situation.
· The recommendation from the MIT Health Division that was based on current CDC guidelines, policies and procedures is reviewed with Joe Olujic (MIT Chief Executive Officer),
· The COVID-19 exposure letter or telephone call related to the specific MIT Department of Education Program is sent out to all affected parents/guardians/families.
For the entire duration of the COVID-19 pandemic from March 2020 to the present, these have been the protocols that has been followed.
We truly appreciate your support in strongly encouraging your children to wear their masks at school to protect the health and safety for everyone.
As a reminder to everyone, if you or anyone in your household develops COVID-19 symptoms, COVID-19 testing is available to your children and your household members at the MIT Health and Wellness Center Testing and Triage Tent located at 17500 SE 392nd Street, Auburn, WA 98092. The MIT Testing and Triage Tent is open Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. You may also contact your primary care provider.
If you test positive for COVID-19, it is vitally important that you let the staff of our MIT Department of Education Programs know right away. We will follow our COVID-19 protocols to take the necessary steps to keep children and staff safe.
Please be aware of and look for the following possible symptoms of COVID-19 as defined by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidance:
Fever or Chills Nausea or vomiting
Nasal congestion or runny nose Tiredness
New loss of taste or smell Headache
Sore throat Muscle or body aches
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing Poor Appetite Diarrhea
We will continue to keep you updated on any new information that arises. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Thank you very much.
Joseph J. Martin
Tribal Education Officer
Muckleshoot Indian Tribe
Muckleshoot Tribal Education Office
37502 152nd Avenue S.E.
Auburn, WA 98092
Office: (253) 876-3289
Cell: (253) 261-2914
Senior Meeting moved to Virtual
Today, join us online.
Parents, the Muckleshoot Department of Education is under a mask mandate until at least February 7, 2023. All students and staff at Muckleshoot schools must wear a mask. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Congratulations Valentine on GRC!
Congratulations Alexis on PLU!
Congratulations Cameron on GRC!
Congratulations Alexis on WSU!
Join us Wednesday for Class of 2023 Senior Meeting, Wednesday 5:30pm.